About the project
The Victorian Government wants to engage more effectively with Traditional Owners. The Victorian Government Traditional Owner Engagement Project focuses on improving engagement in areas where there is no formal recognition. These are areas where there are:
- no Registered Aboriginal Parties (RAPs) appointed under the Aboriginal Heritage Act 2006
- no native title settlements/positive determinations under the Native Title Act 1993 (Cth)
- no settlements under the Traditional Owner Settlement Act 2010
Aboriginal Victoria held extensive discussions with Traditional Owners, government staff and stakeholders from December 2018 - July 2019. Traditional Owner feedback has been published in the report:
- 'To be heard and for words to have actions' Traditional Owner voices: improving government relationships and supporting strong foundations (August 2019)
You can also download a PDF version of the report:
Following this, we have developed the Draft Framework for strong relationships and engagement between the Victorian Government and Traditional Owners (Draft Framework).
How can I get involved or find more information about the draft framework?
To download a copy and to find out how you can be involved, visit Engage .
You can also contact:
Amy Pettifer, Senior Project Officer
- phone: 0459 433 142
- email: email@example.com
Jesse Williams, Engagement Officer
- phone 0437 946 083
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reviewed 06 October 2021