Local Aboriginal Networks (LANs) bring Aboriginal people together to set priorities, develop community plans and improve social connection.
Gathering Places are community owned and operated places that provide opportunities for people to connect and deliver services.
Maribyrnong, Wyndham or Hobsons Bay, Hume and Whittlesea
To find out more about LANs and Gathering Places in these areas, contact Debbie Evans:
How LAN members are working with Wyndham City Council
‘Don’t be scared of being involved. We have a very large Aboriginal community here in Wyndham City and we can make a very positive influence not just for our present and current community but also for our future Aboriginal community.’ Trish Williams
Wyndham Aboriginal Community Centre in Hobsons Bay
Urban South (St Kilda), Frankston, Dandenong and Mornington Peninsula (Hastings)
To find out more about LANs and Gathering Places in these areas, contact, Megan Prout:
Casey Aboriginal Gathering Place in Doveton
Nairm Marr Djambana, Frankston
The focus of Nairm Marr Djambana is to:
- improve Aboriginal health, cultural, recreation and social activities
- provide a meeting place to improve the health of Aboriginal people of all genders and ages
Willum Warrain, Mornington Peninsula
Willum Warrain provides:
- information, support and referral services
- health and wellbeing programs
- art and culture programs
- links between the Aboriginal community and the broader local community
Northern Metro, Inner East and Healesville
To find out more about LANs and Gathering Places in these areas, contact Cathy Austin:
Babarrunin Beek Aboriginal Gathering Place
Babarrunin Beek provides:
- a dedicated space where people can come together
- a Aboriginal health team that provide a range of different services
Mullum Mullum Indigenous Gathering Place (MMIGP)
Mullum Mullum Indigenous Gathering Place provides:
- A safe and welcoming environment for people to connect with cultural and each.
- Focus on whole of Aboriginal and Torres Strait community.
- Offer a range of activities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families to learn new skills.
- Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation.
- Based in the Eastern Metropolitan region.
Reviewed 05 October 2021