The data reported in the VAAF Dashboard provides on assessment of progress from 2008 (or closest to) until the latest financial year.
Where data is available the baseline year is 2008 as this was the year in which the National Indigenous Reform Agreement was established. The data has been mostly sourced from Victorian Government's formal administrative collections. If this is not available, survey data has been used, for example for most nonservice related measures not directly collected and reported on by the Victorian Government.
This data has primarily been sourced from the:
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS)
- National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Social Survey (NATSISS)
- Health Survey (NATSIHS) for Aboriginal Victorians
- General Social Survey (GSS)
- National Health Survey (NHS) for comparison with non-Aboriginal Victorians.
The VAAF dashboard does not include any service level data from the Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations (ACCOs) and therefore, it does not reflect the critical work undertaken by Aboriginal community organisations.
Reviewed 30 June 2021