34 Reporting requirements
34.1 Annual Reporting
(a) The Aboriginal Representative Body and the Minister must fulfil their reporting requirements under Part 8 of the Treaty Act. In addition to the matters specified in the Treaty Act, any annual report prepared under that Part must:
- (i) provide an update on the status of ongoing Treaty negotiations;
- (ii) provide an update on the formalisation and implementation of Interim Agreements; and
- (iii) provide an update on the formalisation of any Treaties.
(b) The Treaty Authority must prepare an annual report on its work to advance the Treaty Process that:
- (i) provides an update on the status of ongoing Treaty negotiations;
- (ii) provides an update on the status of the formalisation of any Treaties; and
- (iii) includes any other information in relation to the Treaty Process that it considers relevant, including the matters required under the Treaty Authority Agreement.
34.2 Reporting on Treaties
(a) Treaties must include reporting requirements of the parties to the Treaty following final agreement and formalisation.
(b) The reporting requirements for final Treaties must specify to whom the parties to the Treaty must report and which matters must be reported publicly, and must include:
- (i) the status of implementation of the Treaty;
- (ii) activities undertaken by the parties in fulfilling their obligations under the Treaty;
- (iii) key indicators for measuring and reporting on outcomes resulting from the Treaty; and
- (iv) any other information in relation to the Treaty that the parties consider relevant.
(c) Treaties should include any requirements for the review of formalised Treaties, including any requirements for public reporting of the findings of any review.
34.3 Public register
In accordance with clause 27(d), the Treaty Authority will maintain a public register of all formalised Treaties and Interim Agreements.
Reviewed 28 October 2022